Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Life Cycle Of Stars
Transcript of The Life Cycle Of Stars
Types of stars
The four different types of stars are Protostars,main Sequence stars, Giants , Super Giants, and White Dwarfs.
What is a Protostar
A protostar is a star that begins its life as a ball of gas and dust.
Giants and Supergiants
When a main-sequence star uses all of the hydrogen in its core, helium begins to fuse, the center of the star shrinks, and the atmosphere of the star grows very large and cools. The star may become a red giant or red supergiant, such as Antares.
After a sunlike star forms, it enters the main sequence, the longest stage of its life cycle.
Stars vary in mass, size, brightness, color, and temperature, and these variations are related to the star's life cycles.
In the final stage of its life cycle,a sunlike star becomes a white dwarf. A white dwarf is a small hot and dim star that is the leftover center of a red giant.
1.What is an example of a red giant or red supergiant?
A good example of a red giant or red supergiant is Antares.
2. As a protostar gets denser it gets hotter and it will evetually reach the temperature of what?
As a protostar gets denser it gets hot enough to reach 10 million degrees Celcius.
3. How do people classify stars
Stars are classified by their mass, size, color, temperature, and brightness.
By: Erik Flores,Pedro Morales,& Malik Shaibi