Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Divestment 101
Divestment is the opposite of an investment–getting rid of stocks, bonds or investment funds that are unethical or morally ambiguous
What can YOU do?
Are YOU invested in fossil fuel companies? College savings? Retirement?
Do The Math
2deg C: Max amount of global warming w/out causing runaway climate change
565 gigatons: Amount of carbon we can burn and stay below 2deg C
2795 gigatons: Amount of carbon fossil fuel companies have in their reserves.
5 times TOO much
"We don't have a right to ask whether we're going to succeed or not, the only question we have a right to ask is what's the right thing to do? What does this earth require of us if we want to continue to live on it?" - Wendell Berry
The ask is as big as the problem. 4/5ths of the fossil fuel reserves must stay underground
This strategy works.
Increases public visibility and uncertainty.
Ask state employees about divesting their retirement fund. Sign our petition!
Call your legislators and ask them to support divestment of the pension fund.
Sign up at www.350vt.org or email us! firstname.lastname@example.org