Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of 1. “Hip-Hop Pedagogy from Higher Education to Youth Incarceration”
Hasan Stephenson 4 September 2012
Transcript of Copy of 1. “Hip-Hop Pedagogy from Higher Education to Youth Incarceration”
Corrupts the moral character of youth
Drugs and violence
Interferes with Learning
Is the reason youth perform poorly #Truth 1 Ghetto culture is monolithic
and wholely perverse Hip-Hop from it's very inception was born
out of higher learning and positivity Anti-violence / Anti-gang
Culturally positive Hip-Hop IS Education! Mastery of English Language
Complex Lyrical Qualities
Inherent Obsession with history and storytelling
Reinforces core learning objectives #Truth 2 Core Values 1. Education
5. Self -Awareness Dance More Links Hip-Hop:
Creating Something From Nothing 4 Elements Emcee DJ Graffiti