Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
An Introduction To Systems Thinking
Transcript of An Introduction To Systems Thinking
Global Economic, Geo-Political, Environmental Systems
Conceptual System of Strategic Intelligence
An Introduction to Systems Thinking
Hierarchy of Intelligence
A system is composed of parts.
All the parts of a system must be related (directly or indirectly); otherswise there are really two or more distinct systems.
The boundary of a system is a decision made by an observer, or a group of observers.
A system can be nested inside another system.
A system can overlap with another system.
A system is bounded in time.
A system is bounded in space,
though the parts are not necessarily co-located.
A system receives input from, and sends output into,
the wider environment.
A system consists of processes
that transform inputs into outputs.
George Casey, Ph.D.
California State Government - The Executive Branch
Erich Fromm & Michael Maccoby
Take Away Activities
1. Next time you are working with your "to do list", notice how the items interact. How does that influence the sequence and way you tackle that list.
2. Use either the 9S or 4P models to think about your operation, department, or organization. How well do the parts interact with each other to support your purpose or strategy?
3. Identify the kind of systems your organization overlaps with or has nested within it. How well are those systems and your organization interacting?
4. What is your leadership philosophy? What types of systems do you lead? How do they interact? How does your philosophy address the variety of interacting systems you lead?
Webinar Evaluation: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XV92ZZ6