Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Lesson 68 Trigonometric Ratios
Transcript of Lesson 68 Trigonometric Ratios
right angle longest side a b c if i am angle θ θ a opposite b adjacent c hypotenuse SOH Sin = Opposite Hypotenuse θ o
p hyp hyp θ Adjacent Cos = CAH adj Hypotenuse Adjacent TOA Opposite o
p Tan = θ adj SOHCAHTOA what is the sine of angle θ? what is the cosine of angle θ? what is the tangent of angle θ? a c b θ c a θ b c a θ b c a θ b b c a θ a c b θ Examples Find Sin(θ) θ 8 6 10 θ θ 4 4.5 2 7.2 10 7 Find cos(θ) 1) 6/10 = 0/6 = 3/5
2) 2/4.5 = 0.44 = 4/9
3) 7/7.2 = 0.97 = 35/36 1) 2) 3) θ 16 65 63 45 36 θ 27 θ 1) 35/37 = 0.95 = 35/37
2) 36/45 = 0.8 = 4/5
3) 63/65 = 0.97 = 63/65 Find tan(θ) 35 37 12 θ θ θ 13 12 5 24 26 10 21 20 29 side
length a/c b/c b/c a/c a/b b/a 1) 24/10 = 2.4 = 12/5
2) 5/12 = 0.42 = 5/12
3) 21/20 = 1.05 = 21/20 3) 2) 1) 1) 2) 3) If you're given an angle measurement, use a calculator to determine the value. Step 1: Press 2nd key
Step 2: Press TRIG key
Use the arrows to select the desired trig function with the cursor.
Step 3: Enter degree value PRESS ENTER! PRESS ENTER! Step 1: Press TRIG key
Step 2: Enter degree value Find sin 45° sin 45°= 0.707 Find cos 30° cos 30°= 0.866 Find tan 47° tan 47°= 1.072 Solve for side length x 5 x 30° if i'm angle 30°
what side relations
do i have? x is opposite
5 is hypotenuse use Sine! which trig function? sin 30°= x/5 multiply both sides by 5! 5 * sin 30°= x 5 * 0.5 = x x = 2.5 which trig function? 9 is opposite
15 is adjacent if i'm angle x°
what side relations
do i have? 15 x° Solve for angle x° 9 tangent! tan x°= 9/15 when looking for an angle,
you must use the
Inverse Trig Functions take tan of both sides x°= tan (9/15) x°= 30.96° -1 -1 sin cos tan -1 -1 -1 put in calculator a boy is standing 65 ft.
from a side of a building and is staring at the top at an angle of 40°
how tall is the building? 65 ft. x ft. 40° is is is the building is 54.5 ft. tall Test Day and Trig Day
1. Get ready for your test!
2. 3-5 minutes to prepare for your test
3. If you have questions, ask coacha Day 2 http://www.wisc-online.com/objects/ViewObject.aspx?ID=TMH601 More practice Homework
(2 worksheets) EQ: How can the ratios
discussed previously help
us in finding specific
(Warm-up on the board) Character
BLUEFISHTV Day 3
1. Solve for the following
problems put on the board. EQ:
How can story problems be so easy a cave man can do it? Step #1
Draw a picture! Step #2
Figure out what you have and what you are missing. Step #3
Solve for the missing side. •1. Take out HW and Quiz and start working on them•
2. If you were at the game, come up and prove that to coach j. at the beginning of class That is all Folks!!!!
(Real World Problems) Beth Reynolds-- You make the criteria for how we will grade the following project 1. I am going to hand out a sheet for the following trigonometry project.
2. We will then come up with ways that we will assess the project. 3.After we figure out criteria, we will then start on the project in groups of two.
4. This project will be due on the day of the review for our first test grade. Warm-up Review Game:
Bonus for the team who wins!!! (for quiz)
• Take out both assignments (Get ready to switch it with someone next to you) Make sure to check
2 HW assignments.
Make sure to collect
projects. Today and Friday
Lesson 66 Part 2 Part 1 Part 3 Part 4 Make sure to view podcast on the day I am missing! Schedule this Week:
Monday: Review over Trig.
Tuesday: Lesson 73
Wed./Thurs.: Trig. Project
Friday: Test over Trig. character development
Trigonometry Find the sine of a 60 degree angle. For the remaining time, work on your trigonometry worksheet and quiz.
(Q's Ask Coach J.) What are the trigonometric ratios? Label the angle of depression and angle of elevation. GO BLUE!!!!! REVIEW Lesson 73 (Trig. Part 2) Homework:
*The first one to figure out the following problems win HW passes. Vo Yo Mama Vocabulary Section The angle below horizontal that an observer must look to see an object that is lower than the observer. Angle of Depression Angle of Elevation The angle above horizontal that an observer must look to see an object that is higher than the observer. 1. 2. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Greater-Atlanta-Christian-School/390625947525?fref=ts CLINOMETER Announcements
--> Stuff to Bring