Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Benefits of Critical Reading
Transcript of Benefits of Critical Reading
Critical Readers find many ways to discover how the text is a unique creation of the author.
Goals of Critical Reading to recognize an author’s purpose
to understand tone and persuasive elements
to recognize bias Critical Thinking Why is Critical Reading and Thinking Important? The ability to think clearly and rationally. It includes the ability to engage in reflective and independent thinking. Discover authors' arguments to understand the text.
Helps to organize main ideas from a given topic.
Helps to understand more difficult reading assignment
and to obtain a better understanding for what was read.
Helps to make opinions and assumptions based
on what is read.
Helps base judgements on evidence