Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Simple Sentences
http://depts.dyc.edu/learningcenter/owl/exercises/subjects_ex1.htm A subject is just PART of sentence! To make a whole sentence you need A subject=the WHO or WHAT of a sentence Person Place Thing SUBJECTS can be... Nouns Pronouns Subjects
Them Pronouns take the place of nouns... Watch this video So instead of saying... Psy created Gangnam Style. We can say... He created Gangnam Style. Instead of saying... Percy Jackson visits Las Vegas. We can say... Percy Jackson visits it. Instead of saying... I want to buy an iPhone. We can say... I want to buy it. SUBJECT VERB STOP
Fill in the first page of your notes section
You can use this Prezi to help you
AND your notes from Ms. Starks' video Remember our
SENTENCE TEST! 1) Who or what did or is something?
2) What did they do? Use the sentence test: Who or what did or is something? He is. He What did he do? is. He is. Is this a sentence? Action Verbs State of Being
Verbs VERBS sing run smile is am were are was be been Remember! is = a state of being VERB http://lessons.englishgrammar101.com/EnglishGrammar101/Module1/Lesson1-6.aspx TEST YOURSELF! VERBS! Let's review: You know: what a SUBJECT is
what a VERB is
What makes a sentence Time to practice!
Turn your notes page over and complete the practice problems!