Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The FISH! Philosophy
Transcript of The FISH! Philosophy
YOU have the power to create YOUR reality *Make Their Day* - going out of your way to open the door as someone enters
- bring everyone's favorite candy to the club meeting
- acknowledge others and show that they are appreciated *Be There* Be fully present, giving your undivided attention - the friendships you forged during new student orientation
- the roommate who needs a sympathetic ear
- the commitment that connects campus leaders to the organizations they are a part of The Philosophy *Play* - team builders, ice breakers, energizers between floormates or during club meetings Why FISH!?
- FISH! Builds Relationships!
Effective student leaders possess qualities such as:
Understanding of others
Disagreement with respect What does it mean to be a student leader? "Effective student leaders don't just do for others, they inspire others to join them in the joy & satisfaction of making a positive difference." FISH! is not a program to implement, it is a way of thinking... "It's about who you're being when you're doing what you're doing."
Fishmonger The being influences everything we do. Reflection Other examples? Big production, or simple gesture It starts with being there, once you focus on someone and connect with them, you do something positive for them. Other examples? Play is a basic human need It is not what we do, but how we do it (according to psychologists) Other examples? It is about being aware of your attitude, and that it does affect you and others To say that you will never be sad, disappointed, or upset is unrealistic. You can develop tools to be less controlled by these emotions, though Four Principles Describe a situation in which someone was there for you. How did it make you feel? How often do you try to make someone's day? What is your signature move? How will you, your student group, your residence hall floor distinguish yourselves? Do you think it is possible to choose your attitude? What do you think Ronnie the Fishmonger meant when he said "It's about who you're being when you're doing what you're doing." Questions?? "A student leader is... anyone who has the opportunity to impact a student's life."