Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Banquet Server Training Program
Transcript of Banquet Server Training Program
Make sure all silverware is clean/no spots
Linens (tablecloths and napkins) are spotless
The server is responsible for the complete service of food and beverages, catering to all of the guests' needs.
The ultimate goa
- that the guest has an
Black pants (no jeans or yoga pants)
Closed-toe black shoes (no boots)
Candlestone white button-up oxford shirt
Uniform is neatly pressed - no wrinkles
No excessive jewelry
Hair pulled back (if past shoulders)
Job of a Banquet Server:
Banquet Server Training Tactics
Remember that guests can see you whenever you are in the room! Smile, be efficient, and be quiet.
Maintain good posture
Make eye contact with guests
Keep an eye on your tables without constantly hovering over them
Be aware of your surroundings - help out your other servers if they need it, be sure to always be available to your guests
Do not neglect a guest request just because the guest is not in your area.
If he/she makes a request directly to you, tell their server, or if applicable, do it yourself.
For our events, we will use the Pyramid Napkin Fold.
Time for a napkin folding demonstration and practice!
to the guest
When holding dishes, hold by the edge/rim of the plate. Keep all fingers away and out of the food.
Banquet Server Do's and Don'ts:
Keep quietly focused
on the guests
Warn guests when
serving hot plates and
Handle all items as
quietly as possible
Do not huddle or chat with other servers while on the floor
Don't eat or drink in front of the guests
Don't stand around with your hands in your pockets or arms crossed
Don't chew gum
Banquet Set Up Tasks
1. Set Up Banquet Bar
Cover bar with 81 linen and pin sides
Get mixers (tonic, soda, OJ, cranberry juice, pink lemonade, grenadine, pop, sour mix, milk/cream)
Stock beer/wine; get liquor
Stock plastic cups, cocktail napkins, green and red straws
Set out tip jar, get money bag from front desk and cash drawer from bar
2. Polish Silverware
3. Fold Napkins
Banquet Set Up Tasks Continued
4. Set Table
Make sure linens look neat, are centered on table, hurricanes are clean (if used)
Silverware: 1 Knife, 1 Spoon, and 3 Forks
Water Goblets and Crafts (All goblets matching at each table)
5. Fill Goblets and Crafts with Ice (fill to brim)
6. Fill with Water (~1hr before, fill head table last)
7. Light Candles if Necessary (~10 min before guests arrive)
8. Set Ambiance (Music, Lights, Decorations)
9. Set up Coffee/Water/Lemonade/Tea, as well as Cups, Sugar, Cream, Stirrers
10. Prepare Trays, Tray Jacks, Cup Racks, Lexan Containers, Silverware Bucket, Extra Dishes/Silverware
Banquet Tear-Down Tasks
1. Finish Clearing Tables: Take the dirty dishes upstairs to be washed, bring down the clean dishes and put them away
2. Remove linens from tables and place in linen bag
3. Pick up all trash, Take trash to dumpster
4. Take beer bottles/Cans to shed
5. Empty and wash all gallon beverage containers used
6. Put away Liquor/Banquet Bar
Take all Opened Wine/Kegs up to the bar
to be used as soon as possible
Banquet Tear-Down Tasks Continued
8. Put away supplies from restaurant (Salt and Pepper Shakers/ Trays/ Tray Jacks/ etc.)
9. If Hurricane Centerpieces are used, run all mirror bases through the dishwasher, if necessary, and put them away neatly in the closet
10. Put away all centerpieces neatly in the closet
11. Put away necessary amount of tables/chairs neatly in the Boiler Room (Chairs in stacks of 8)
12. Clean all surfaces and put everything back in place
13. Lock Beer Cooler (Return bar keys to Kat)
14. Bartender: Count down money bag
When clearing tables, it is important to completely clear one table at a time.
Make sure that all items that relate to the food service is taken from the tables (ex: Salt and pepper shakers, all utensils, plates)
Setting the Table: