Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Intro to Wellness (student version)
Transcript of Intro to Wellness (student version)
What is wellness?
Go to: https://answergarden.ch/328999
Submit words that represent what wellness means to you, personally.
Watch us grow a word garden together!
Health vs. Wellness
Health: the overall condition of a person's body or mind; refers to the presence or absence of illness or injury
Wellness: refers to optimal health and vitality; living life to its fullest.
Dimensions of Wellness
Qualities and Behaviours Associated with the Dimensions
Health is influenced by factors beyond
your control (i.e. genes, age, health care system).
Example: 60 year-old man with family history of prostate cancer, living in rural Northwest territories.
Wellness is largely determined by decisions you make about how you live.
Example: the same 60 year-old man can reduce his risk of cancer by eating sensibly, exercising, having screening tests, etc.
Wellness is an active process through
which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence.
- National Wellness Institute
THEY ARE ALL INTERRELATED!
Download "Socrative Student" on you Smartphone, or go to m.socrative.com