Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Teenage Abstinence
1. Chlamydia- Chlamydia is a bacterial infection of the genital tract. Symptoms usually begin to occur 1 to 3 weeks after being exposed to chlamydia. Some symptoms are painful periods, painful urination, and pain or swelling around testicles.
1. Go to the movie theater.
2. Bake cookies together.
3. Go to a fair or carnival when they are being held.
4. Go ice skating.
5. Play laser tag.
6. Go roller skating.
7. Go out to dinner.
8. Go fishing.
9. Have a beach day!!
10. Go tubing and/or sailing.
Date Time; Things to do On Dates Instead of Sex!
1. Ridicule: Many other teenagers will frown upon the mother and talk about her in a nasty way. This is bad for the mother because it never feels good to be talked about in a bad way.
2. Economic Burden: It costs roughly about $12,000 just in the baby's first year of life. This may be difficult for the mother because she may not have a top notch job being a teenager and her family has abandoned her.
3. Lapse in Education: Teenage mothers may not be able to finish their education and receive diplomas. The stress and difficulty of having to take care of the baby and attend school may be too much for the mother and she may drop out of school.
4. Stress: The mother will have to face a lot of different burdens, like the one listed above and they will cause her a lot of stress. She may not be able to control her emotions and may be very moody.
Not so Fun Facts About Teenage Pregnancy
1. A sexually active teenager who does not use contraceptives has a 90% chance of getting pregnant within the year. Contraceptives are very important to have during sexual intercourse. There are 5 types of contraceptive methods; hormonal, barrier, chemical, surgical, natural. Although all of the contraceptives work to some degree, abstinence is the only method that is 100% successful.
Abstinence is the act or practice of refraining from indulging in sexual intercourse.
The behavioral risks such as getting arrested, consuming alcohol underage, smoking marijuana, and dropping out of school for non-virgin boys and girls is over double the amount for virgins.
Almost 70% of teens regret having sex as early as they did.
Parenthood is the leading reason why teen girls drop out of school.
Sex can wait! Set up a date!
Mr. Mattio's Block 2 Health Class
This website informs teens on why they should abstain from having sex. It has videos, surveys, statistics, informative videos, games, and advice for teens.
This website informs teens what exactly abstinence is and how it works. The website informs readers what abstinence is, how it works, how well it works, prevention of STD's and how you become abstinent.
This is a website devoted to explaining the benefits of teen abstinence.
Dangers Babies Born to Teenage Mothers Must Face
1. Teenage mothers may not gain as much weight during pregnancy, resulting in a low-birthweight baby. Low-birthweight babies are more likely to have organs that are not fully developed, which can result in complications, such as bleeding in the brain, respiratory distress syndrome, and intestinal problems.
2. Teenage mothers are more likely to have an unbalanced diet than a middle age woman. These eating habits determine the nutrients that the baby receives. A baby needs a wide variation of nutrients and it may have disorders if it does not receive the necessary nutrients from the mother's diet.
3. Teenage mothers receive less regular parental care. Parental care is necessary for monitoring the fetus's development and the mother's health. According to the American Medical Association (AMA), babies born to women who do not have regular prenatal care are 4 times more likely to die before the age of 1 year.
4. Babies may get injured during emergencies. Teenage mothers often lack the maturity and experience on how to take care of their children during emergencies. According to studies done in the United States by the National Institutes of Health, babies born to teen parents also have a higher chance of dying due to child abuse.
2. Gonorrhea- Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection of the genital tract. Symptoms usually begin to occur 2 to 10 days after exposure. Some symptoms are anal itching, pain or burning sensation when urinating, and painful bowel movements.
Although condoms are highly effective for reducing transmission
of STDs, no method is foolproof
3. Trichomoniasis- Trichomoniasis is caused by a microscopic one- celled parasite called Trichomonas vaginalis. This infects the urinary tract in men and the vagina in women. When symptoms do occur they vary from mild irritation to severe inflammation. Some symptoms are discharge from the penis, strong vaginal odor, and painful urination.
4. Syphilis- Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria. It is transferred by direct contact with syphilis sores. This disease is easy to cure at first. Symptoms of syphilis include a firm, round, small, and painless sore on the genitals, anus, or mouth, or a rash on the body, especially on the palms of the hands or the soles of the feet.
2. About 3 in 10 teenage American girls will get pregnant at least once by the time they reach the age of 20. That averages out to be about 75,000 teenage pregnancies per year. Also, about 8 out of 10 baby daddies leave the mother. If teenagers practiced abstinence and abstained from sex until they were married to someone who truly loves them and does not leave them, the world would be a better place.
3. Out of all teen pregnancies, 57% end in birth.Another 14% end in miscarriage. Almost a third of teen mothers choose to go through with abortion. Abortion is the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy. Abortion is frowned upon in many religions, especially Christianity. At most abortion clinics, the patients have to be led through crowds of people screaming at them not to kill the little baby inside of them.
Click on video to watch
4. Teenagers who become pregnant are less likely to attend college. Although some teenagers do attempt to graduate from high school, college is another story. The stress and responsibility of having a baby to care for and attending college is too much for some parents.