Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Animals and humans: where's the difference?
Transcript of Animals and humans: where's the difference?
where's the difference?
A few words about perception and feelings
Animals are "visual thinkers" and see details!
Evolution is like building an addition onto your house instead of tearing down the old one and building and building a new one from the ground up.
Consequences of having the neocortex:
ambivalence (love and hate at the same time)
autistic person (=animal?)
person without autism
millions and millions of sensory details in the world come into my conscious awarness
According to some philosophers and scientists (Descartes, Budiansky) animals are not fully conscious because they lack the ability to think in language.
plover (Pluvialis apricaria)
"broken wing act"
animal minds as well!
A Moose for Jessica
Animals feelings: love
(males, during sex)
The evil field will evil yield...
Rudolf Hess, Heinrich Himmler-
farmers and zootechnicans
Katy Pane and her infrasonic sounds elephants.
Does it think?
the same mechanism of action among people !
the same antagonist for endorphines (love hormones) - naltrexone (used as a drug for people and animals)!
similar physiology, similar needs
thinking in pictures
geniuses and savants
benefits of being an animal...
specialists in sensory
Thank you for attention!
OHZ Garzyn 2012
The key issue is to use these ""specific features"" (way of thinking) as an advantage.
- doctor of animal science, consultant to the livestock industry of animal behavior, autistic activist.