Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Canary Islands
Canarias The Canary Islands Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Sub-Delegation Las Palmas de Gran Canaria:
Delegation of Spanish Government in the Canaries
Supreme Court of Justice Western
Sahara Morocco 7 volcanic ocean islands (and others)
La Palma, Hierro, Gomera, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote
141 protected nature areas (4 of which are natural parks) Garajonay National Park
Subtropical Forest Caldera de Tuburieate
Rare violet flower Tiede National Park
highest peak: Teide
Botanical gardens Timanfaya
Cliffs Until 1853: Wine Today: agricultural goods
Touristy Exports Euro Dry
Snows in winter months
Air temp: 70 - 78 degrees F
Water temp: 62 - 68 degrees F January = coldest
August = warmest Government:
Autonomous Community within the Kingdom of Spain
2 Capital Cities
Democracy Early inhabitants leave lasting traditions Spanish conquer African immigrants land on shore