Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Respectful Relationships
'Be courteous to all,
but intimate with a few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.'
'True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost'
Charles Caleb Colton
‘Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend.’
What is a relationship?
A relationship can be:
Relationships in General
Relationships are: -
What is a Friendship?
A positive relationship is one that when even in times of trouble, those in the relationship will find a way to resolve the issues through mutual respect, understanding, and support. In a positive relationship, there is interdependence and trust; everyone listens to each other’s concerns, views, opinions and differences. There will be more giving than receiving, more forgiving than blaming. There will be such a strong bond that they will understand each other well, to the point where talking is sometimes unnecessary.
What is a positive relationship?
What relationships are important to young people?
At a younger age, family and friend relationships are most important. They influence everything that younger people care about. These relationships provide trust, support, guidance, role-modeling and respect. However, too much influence can lead to pressuring and can cause the child to do things that they do not agree to.
How can you recognise when a relationship is unhealthy?
You can recognise that a relationship is unhealthy when there are many arguments between the two people they will begin to question their actions, and lose trust in themselves together. Large problems will arise and arguments may lead to fights.
What are some strategies for negotiating respectful relationships?
Some strategies for negotiating respectful relationships include: -
• Have a giving and sharing of attitude
• State your own needs and requirements objectively
• Understand the other’s needs and requirements objectively
• Ensure everyone wins/achieves something in the outcome
• Try to compromise during hard decisions
Friendship is the relationship between friends, also known as a friendly relation. There are various 'stages' for friends. Some include acquaintances, friends, close friends and best friends. Some with a very deep friendship may refer to each other as family - brothers or sisters.
Signs of an unhealthy relationship:
• There is a lack of trust between the two
• One party is using power over the other
• Or both are using power against each other
• There is jealousy and dishonesty
• They stop communicating with each other
BY EMILY LUXA
& LILY HA
OF CLASS 7O