Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of KANSAI
Thai Nguyen Hoai Huong
Compete with Tokyo
Low cost options
Easy access to and from city
24 hour service
A lightweight and durable structure
Preventing natural disasters
The PFI Act
The different interest groups or stakeholder
1 Underestimated costs of maintenance
2 Costs of construction exceed the budget
3 Airport construction failed (due to sinking or collapsing)
4 Hydraulic Jacks do not work or are not adjusted properly
5 Natural Disaster (Earthquake, Taifun, Tsunami)
6 Faster sinking of the island
7 Not enough money from clients after opening (Airlines not willing to pay high prices)
8 Not many passangers (e.g. due to no trust in construction)
9 Operating costs too high, higher than revenue
10 Too high competition (e.g. due to already existing or new build airports)
11 Delays in construction
12 Unskilled workforce
1. Activities to create an airport that protects the pleasant regional environment (14 targets)
2. Activities to create an airport with a low impact on the global environment (13 targets)
3. Activities to create a recycling airport (6 targets)
4. Activities to create an airport that values nature and supports personal interaction (3 targets)
5. Activities to create an airport that exists in harmony with local residents and users (8 targets)
government of Japan
private shareholders interested in business in the region of Osaka
The airport was later sold to private investors in order to help boost revenue and decrease costs
Kansai International Airport Co. Ltd.
- contributed as a member of the consortium, design management and project control services to the Kansai International Airport construction project.
It is an American company that provides maintenance, engineering, procurement and project management services to governments and clients around the world.
Works closely with the portfolio or program manager to achieve the project objectives and to ensure the project plan aligns with the overarching program plan.
We grade the project as a success!
18.126 Million flew in and out of Kansai
Monuments of the Millennium
Airport Design and Development
Asia Pacific International Airport of the Year
Kansai International Airport Co., Ltd. (KIAC) was founded.
opening of 1st airport island (runway A)
the airport access bridge
Kansai International Airport was opened.
opening of 2nd airport island (runway B)
"dango" - Japanese culture
Accused the companies involved in the bid-rigging
and the Japanese government of using unfair,
immoral and illegal business tactics.
The internal stakeholders
which are the project management team, project manager, sponsor and other project team members.
The external stakeholders
on the other hand, are operations management, functional managers, sellers/business partners, customers/users, portfolio managers, program manager, project management office and other stakeholders.
take their potential customers away - negative influence on the project.