Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Earth
And the Revolution -The atmosphere in earth is mostly filled with nitrogen and oxygen, most of the gas in the Earth is nitrogen, the Earth is not only filled with nitrogen and oxygen, it's also filled with other gases, 1% of the gas in the Earth is filled with other gases, 78% of the Earth is filled with nitrogen, and 31% of the earth is filled with oxygen which makes the earth a livable place.
-The Earth’s atmosphere is much thinner than most people imagine when they think about it.The three parts of the Earth`s atmosphere is the Troposphere, Mesosphere and the Stratosphere.
The densest, innermost part of the atmosphere, is the troposphere, which is just 17 km thick at the equator and 7 km thick at the poles. Seventy-five per cent of the atmospheric gases are found in the troposphere.
The Kármán line, 100 km up in the stratosphere, is usually used as the point where the atmosphere ends.
-And The mesosphere is above the stratosphere layer. The mesosphere starts at 50 km (31 miles) above Earth's surface and goes up to 85 km (53 miles) high. roman and greek connections Danielle info Surface composition Distance from the sun in millions of kilometers ( or in miles) -Earth, our home is the third planet from the sun. It is the only planet known to have an atmosphere containing free oxygen, oceans of liquid water on it's surface and of course, life. Danielle info -The name earth comes from a german name that means ground or soil. the name is erde or ertha. also i found out that The word “planet” comes from the Greek word planetai for “wanderer.
-Also that the greek connection with earth is that the greek goddess Gaea was mother Earth in which the greeks believed. Earth+greek= Gaia mother Earth. The greeks called her Gaea or Demeter.
-The roman connection with earth is that the Romans called "Mother earth" Ceres, Tellus, and Terra Mater either of those 3 names.
-Earth represents either of those greek and roman names and they were the names which meant earth or land and these were the roman and greek connections with the planet Earth. -The average distance from the earth to the sun is 150 million km.The earths orbit around the sun is elliptical which means that the earth follows the path of a not perfect circle.
-When the earth is at the closest point to the sun which is called Perihelion which is what the astronomers call it, it`s 147 million km Diameter in kilometers -The diameter of the earth at the equator is 7,926.41 miles (12,756.32 kilometers).But if you measure the earth through the poles its kinda shorter = 7,801 miles (12, 715.43 km) this shape is an ellipsoid or an geiod
- When answering this question there are three answers the equator diameter is 12,756 km, the polar diameter is 12,713 km and its average diameter is 12,742km. -Oxygen is the most abundant element on earth. The rocks in the earth's crust composes roughly 47% of weight of all rock.The second most abundant element is silicon at 27%, followed by aluminum at 8%, iron at 5%, calcium at 4%, and sodium, potassium and magnesium at about 2% each. -The earth's core consists at iron, nickel and potentially smaller amounts of lighter elements such as sulfur and oxygen. The mantle is made of iron magnesium-rich silicate rocks. [The combination of silicon and oxygen is known as "silica", and minerals that contain silica are known as silicate minerals.] William's information Earth's rotation -The earth rotates on a imaginary line that passes through the north and south poles of the planet, this line is called the axis of rotation. the earth takes about 1/365 days or about 4 minutes more to get to the front same position were it started. The earth rotates around its axis once in 24 hours-that is a rate of 1000 miles per hour. Moon Info -When the moon was given its name, astronomers didn't know that there were moons orbiting other planets, and so they just called it the moon . now that we know there are other moons, it all comes down to the capitalization. The Earth's moon is referred as "The Moon" with a capital "M". Other moons are given a lower case "m" to show the differences. Planet By: Danielle, Claire,
William, and Angelo -Although the Moon is used to rotate in the sky compared to our point of view, it has been slowing down billions of years, and at the same point in the distance past, it just stopped spinning in our perspective. The earth's gravity holds the Moon in orbit, but it pulls differently at various parts of the Moon. Over a long period, gravity slowed down the moons rotation so that it finally stopped, and always displayed one face to the earth. A similar situation has happened with most of the large moons in the solar system. Unique information about the earth Angelo's info -Evidence suggests that the universe began with the big bang a long time ago and about two thirds of our/ it`s history passed before our solar system was formed , during this time, stars evolved and died than the universe began.
-Earth was actually born as a twin to the planet Theia, which was about half as wide as Earth and about the size of Mars. The two planets shared an orbit for several million years until they collided. So Earth absorbed Theia, and the remaining debris/junk eventually crashed into the Earth`s moon. The weight that Thiea gave Earth the gravity to make a good atmosphere.
-The earth is made up of hydrogen/gas, stardust, and gravity. The gas and dust which was floating in space was pulled from gravity and was formed into a spinning disc. Which collided and absorbed other rock bodies. This was how Earth was made.
-Most of Earth`s mass is made up of matter that could/would have made separate planets if not for Earth`s cannibalism. hi i like cheese Claire's info