Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cardiovascular System *
Transcript of Cardiovascular System *
A system of blood vessels.
Blood. Right Atrium Left Atrium Left Ventricle Right Ventricle Travels to the lungs. Oxygenated blood flows through the pulmonary vein. Back to the heart. Oxygenated blood leaves via the aorta. And goes to the rest of the body. Deoxygenated blood then travels back to the heart. Cardiovascular The System Main Components And enters through the left atrium. Brief Outline:
How the CVS works and its function.
Importance of the CVS for a dancer. There will be fun facts! Body CVS = Cardiovascular System Heart - Muscular pump that powers CVS.
- Transfers nutrients, oxygen, hormones and waste through body Blood Vessels - Carry blood throughout the body.
- Link between size of vessel and amount of blood they contain. Fun Fact - Your heart is around the size of your clenched fist. Arteries = largest. Veins = medium. - Capillaries = smallest. - Distribute vital nutrients.
- Remove metabolic waste.
- Protect body from foreign microbes.
- Regulate body temperature. Role of the CVS Deoxygenated blood leaves heart through pulmonary artery. Via the superior and inferior vena cava. Fun Fact - 1 minute for blood cell to complete cycle.
- Active people: shorter amount of time. Lack of Cardiovascular Endurance for Dancers Aerobic vs Anaerobic Exercise - Aerobic: low intensity exercise for a longer period of time.
- Anaerobic: high intensity exercise in short bursts. Jogging = Aerobic Ballet = Anaerobic - Dancers tend to lack cardiovascular fitness.
- 'Stop and start' nature of activity.
- Results in injury, fatigue and stress levels. Improving Cardiovascular Fitness - Intergrate some form of aerobic exercise into schedule.
- Build up length of time and distance gradually.
- Vary the different exercises.
More control over muscles.
Increased stamina needed for performance ability and long career.
Improved posture and health.