Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Buffon's Needle Experiment
Transcript of Buffon's Needle Experiment
What is the probability that the needle will lie across a line between two strips? Buffon's needle problem is a question first posed in the 18th century by Georges-Louis Leclerc, Comte de Buffon. How do we work out a probability?? Lie your sheets of A3 paper on your desk in landscape orientation. Draw veritcal lines 2 cocktail stick lengths apart on your paper. Count and write down how many cocktail sticks you have.
Drop your cocktail sticks on to the paper then count and write down the number of sticks crossing the lines. What is the probability that a stick is crossing a line?
Take this number and divide 1 by it.......... WOW!!