Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What to do before during after a volcanic eruption
Transcript of What to do before during after a volcanic eruption
Volcanic eruptions happen with early warnings unlike earthquakes that are sudden. There are early warning signs before a volcano erupts so there is at least time for residents around the volcano to prepare before the actual eruption occurs. People should know that before a volcano erupts there are warning signs such as rumbling sounds, continuous emissions of steam, increasing temperature around the volcano that results to withering of plants around and unusual behaviors of animals and earthquakes.Here are the things we need to do before a volcanic eruption.
Things we need to do:
During a volcanic eruption
Things to do:
After a volcanic eruption
Volcanic eruptions could be handled easier than earthquakes because there are early signs before the actual eruption so you are already prepared at the time of eruption. Always take precautionary measures in order to avoid serious problems.
What to do before ,during,and after a volcanic eruption
Volcanic eruptions bring us calamities. It will desrtoy everything in its path and it is very destructive.
It brings us many bad things and one of those things is death. We must know what to do during, before and after a volcanic eruptions. Knowing those things can help us be alive and even save lives. We must value our safety and help others that are in dire need when this time comes.
4. Store as much food, water, light sources and batteries that are very useful in case of emergency.
5. Volcanic eruptions have ash falls so be prepared for masks or anything to cover nose and mouth.
6. Listen to the radio
1. Each one should be aware of the dangers that volcanic eruptions pose to lives and be prepared to face whatever circumstances the eruption may bring.
2. Prepare all necessary things to bring once evacuation is needed.
3. Prioritize the safety of kids before other things.
During a volcanic eruption there are many things happening in our surrounding thats why we must not panic. There are many things to be scared of and things we must remember like our family relatives and friends.We must pray and stay strong. We must also be mentally preapred for any thing that is going to happen.
5. Always stay indoors.
6. Stay in the evacuation center until further instructions. Do not attempt to leave the place unless told to do.
7. Keep a watchful eye on the kids because they might be tempted to go out and see what’s going on outside.
8. Listen to the radio
1. Avoid all low-lying places because lava flows and mudflows are more likely to pass here.
2. Seek cover in case of ash falls rock falls.
3. Use masks and cover your mouth and nose to avoid breathing in ashes.
4. If you are inside a house; close all doors and windows to avoid ashes from getting inside.
Things to do:
1. Go back to your house but leave the kids behind someone who can take care of them while you check your house.
2. Clean everything around and check all damages incurred.
3. Use masks while cleaning ash and other debris.
4. Wait for further announcements related to the volcano activities.
5. Make sure that your house is still safe for all of you.