Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of WORKING MEMORY
Generation, regulation and adjustment of the behavior
Cognitive and emotional components
Hierarchical organization of the brain
EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONS: A FOCUS ON WORKING MEMORY
WHAT IS WM?
Let´s test your WM!!
HOW IS WM MEASURED?
Baddeley and Hitch (1974)
Here you are some tasks
WM AND LEARNING
Powerful predictor of academic success
The strongest correlation is with Maths
Specially in early stages (Number sense)
Instructions, rules and procedures
Feedback from previous tasks
STRUCTURE OF THE SESSION
What are executive functions?
What is WM?
How is WM measured?
WM and its impact on learning
How to improve WM
University of Oviedo (Spain)
Information storage and processing
Short period of time
Limits to WM
Emotional states (Stress/Anxiety)
HOW TO IMPROVE WM
Overcoming barriers to WM
Encoding, maintenance, and/or retrieval from WM
Frequent memory updating
Reduce information overload
Yerkes-Dodson's Law (1908)