Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of population dynamics
What does unchecked (NO BARRIERS) growth look like
Predators Food availability
individual organisms of the
(animal; goblin shark, fennec fox, humans..)
that live in an area
, like Asheville. The term "population dynamics" refers to how the number of individuals in a population changes over time.
Population Dynamics: definition
These are limiting factors that DO NOT depend on how many animals live in a given area.
Carrying capacity: The number of organisms that an environment can support
Do not grow in a Linear way
How fast can a population grow?
Disease (Ebola) Territory
Density dependent means it matters how many animals live in the area
Density independent factors:
DENSITY DEPENDENT FACTORS
WHAT IS CARRYING CAPACITY
DENSITY INDEPENDENT FACTORS
EQ: what controls how much a population can grow?
Summary (10 points): Explain the difference between density dependent and density independent factors
Identify each as either density dependent or independent and draw the graph (J or S curve that would represent the populations growth pattern if these pressures were present