Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Bringing Events and Programming to life!
Transcript of Bringing Events and Programming to life!
Essraa Nawar and Charlene Baldwin
ALADN 2014 Pre-conference
Kansas City, Missouri
May 18, 2014
What is AEEC
Drawbacks of library events
Take up library space
Identifying new donors and friends
Sikhs in the Great War
Please sit back and relax!!
Enjoy the movie!!
• Assures year-round offering of programming,
displays and exhibit
• Assures that there are no conflicts or redundancy
with events and programming
• Communicates library events and programs on a regular basis to library staff members and other constituents
• Ensures appropriate staffing for these events
• Complements and enhances the curriculum, study, and research interests at the University
• Tracking throughout the year = Easy Annual reporting
Performance evaluation !!!
They are artistic and want to use their
talents and skills
An opportunity to stay involved and
Why Do People Volunteer in AEEC?
The Art, Exhibits and Events Committee
10-12 members (Must have a liaison from
Term: 2 years, committee letters
Meeting twice a month
Regular communication by email
Committee business is available in library shared folder
Expenses = part of the library's operating budget
Responding to campus VIP Visits
Collaboration with other universities/local organizations
Responding to local/national/international events
Library-ONLY sponsored events
Donor related Events
Identifying new prospects
Inspiring existing prospects
Jack and Belle Lindquist Disney Collection
New community to campus
Identifying of brand new prospects
Valuable donated gifts in kind
Creation of a traveling exhibition
Proposal under review
Stewarding existing donors and friends
From Moscow to Beirut
Rare books and maps
Another sponsorship opportunity next year
Advocate for the library
Stewarded a donor for a rare/valuable specimen cabinet
Specimen cabinet from the British Museum, (1890-1910)
Margaret Class and the
Book Collection Lectures
Yearly sponsorship of student book collection contest
Rare book collection to the library
Introduces new people to the library
Showcasing the Library Collections and Services
Building partnerships across campus
ALL campus units
University Advancement Office
Capitalizing on new campus initiatives
The Center for
American War Letters
Thirty Years of Huell Howser and California's Gold
New full-time archivist
Between 50-150 visitors per week
More than 4000 visitors attended open house
New prospects identified
Leatherby Libraries Development Coordinator