Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
USI.6a Causes of the American Revolution
Transcript of USI.6a Causes of the American Revolution
What were the Causes of the American Revolution?
Great Britain wanted
to remain a World
Great Britains desire to be a world power
led to conflict with the French, known as
The French and Indian War!
To pay for the cost of the French and
Indian War, Great Britain imposed taxes, such as the Stamp Act
Great Britain's Reasons for Taxation
To Pay for the
French and Indian
To Finance and maintain British Troops in the colonies.
Why were the colonists dissatisfied(Unhappy)?
No Voice in Parliament!
Some colonists resented the power of
the Colonial Governors
The colonies opposed the British taxes
• Great Britain wanted strict control over colonial legislatures.
The Proclamation of l763, which followed the French and Indian War, restricted the western movement of settlers.
How Could all of
this possibly lead
to any problems?