Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Copy of genetics_template
Transcript of Copy of Copy of genetics_template
Phenotype: CF illness
The Genetic Basis of
in a human cell.
2 sex chromosomes
arranged into 23 base pairs.
Cystic Fibrosis is associated with
a gene on base pair # . . .
A closer look at the
gene's of a CF carrier
would reveal ...
The genes that contain the instructions for the CFTR protein are found in this DNA
Ribosomes . .
... reading the RNA of a carrier ...
. . should produce
normal CFTR protein
if 2 carriers reproduced ....
there is a 25% chance
their offspring would have ...
2 copies of the mutation
Ribosomes . .
... reading the RNA
of this offspring ...
. . produce defective
3 base pairs in the DNA are missing
leading to Cystic Fibrosis
missing one crucial amino acid