Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Central Idea vs. Theme
Transcript of Central Idea vs. Theme
To find the main idea, ask yourself two questions...
Who or what is the story/essay/poem about? (TOPIC)
The Main Idea is.....
What the story/essay/poem is about
To find the theme, ask yourself two questions...
What did the characters learn?
How did the characters grow or change?
What is the author's point about the topic?
The Theme is....
The overall message the author wants to convey
A universal truth, moral, or idea
Comes from the characters and
the plot of a story
The lesson the readers should learn
Not stated directly
A story can have both a theme and a main idea
Tells what the story is about
Can be clearly stated as a sentence