Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Music in the 1930's
Transcript of Music in the 1930's
What were the most popular songs?
-"Over The Rainbow" by Judy Garland
-"Minnie The Moocher" by Cab Calloway
-"Pennies From Heaven" by Bing Crosby
-"I Got Rhythm " by Ethel Waters
Who were the big artists/bands?
-Billie Holiday (actually a girl)
What types of music were in the 1930's?
- Smooth jazz
What was music like in the 1930's?
-"Big Band Music"
-Played a big role in entertainment
-People looked to music for inspiration
What type of instruments were used?
How did people listen to music in the 1930's?
How much did it cost to listen to music?
$100-$140 for a radio
$5-$15 for a record player
$.50-$1 for a record
$.50-$3 for a concert ticket
(ALL are in 1930's money. For the price in today's money, use this inflation calculator: