Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Music in the 1930's
Transcript of Music in the 1930's
What were the most popular songs?
-"Over The Rainbow" by Judy Garland
-"Minnie The Moocher" by Cab Calloway
-"Pennies From Heaven" by Bing Crosby
-"I Got Rhythm " by Ethel Waters
Who were the big artists/bands?
-Billie Holiday (actually a girl)
What types of music were in the 1930's?
- Smooth jazz
What was music like in the 1930's?
-"Big Band Music"
-Played a big role in entertainment
-People looked to music for inspiration
What type of instruments were used?
How did people listen to music in the 1930's?
How much did it cost to listen to music?
$100-$140 for a radio
$5-$15 for a record player
$.50-$1 for a record
$.50-$3 for a concert ticket
(ALL are in 1930's money. For the price in today's money, use this inflation calculator: