Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM


Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.


Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Shipping by Sea

No description

Ricardo Pires

on 13 October 2015

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Shipping by Sea

Shipping by Sea

Portuguese View
Port of Sines
Major Ports

Sines in the Litoral Alentejo with 137,0
Index per capita in purchasing power
Graphs, Budget and business plan
The financing of the 2014 investment plan was funded
exclusively by means generated by the company. Thus detail were the major operations plans for 2014:
The movement of goods is expected to grow about 5.3% from the end of 2013,
reaching 38.4 million tons. This growth essentially sit on continued development of the container terminal activity, for which it is estimated an increase of 7% in the number of TEU to move, and even in liquid bulk with
a global perspective of growth of about 4.8% which greatly contributes to the recent expansion of the Sines refinery.
forecast for 2014
The tender for the expansion of the Container Terminal quay, in more 210m, was launched in 2013, aiming to endow the terminal with a total quay length of 940m and 35ha of storage yard, for an annual capacity of 1,5 million TEU.
2013 was the best year ever in what concerned vessels traffic, with a total of 2.010 vessels, corresponding to an increase of 21,6%, when compared to 2012.
1.958 vessels were foreign, thus representing a share of 97%, while the remaining vessels received were Portuguese.
2013 registered a new record of 931.036 TEU (twenty-foot equivalent unit), thus corresponding to an homologous increase of 68,3% in the handling of containerized cargo. The excellent performance of the Container Terminal was based on a very positive evolution on both the transhipment and import/export traffics to and from the Iberian market, this already representing 57% of the total cargo handled with the countries from the European community.
Buildings and other constructions - Total 11,47 millions euros
Basic equipment - Total 3,1 miliions of euros:l
Transport equipment - 100 thousand euros

Office equipment - 30 thousand euros

Multi-year maintenance (skimmers and boats) - 200 thousand eurosk
The twentieth century begins practically with the city's restoration in 1914. The cork industry, fishing and some agriculture and tourism are the basis Sines's life until the end of the 60's, when in addition to the proximity of the sea, Sines little is distinguished from the rest of the Alentejo.

The large industrial complex created by Marcello Caetano government in Sines in 1970 changed the county. The population explodes and diversifies, the landscape gets new settings and the community struggle to keep their integrity and the quality of life, mitigating the negative impacts of the installation of new units and taking advantage of the positive.
In 2013 the Port of Sines registered a new record in cargo handling volumes, with a total of 36.513.785 tons, 21,6% more than in 2012.
The commercial approach of the Port of Sines towards the international market was likewise remarkable, with an increase of 66%, thus representing nearly 11,3 million tons, positioning Sines as the country’s leading export port. Containerized cargo for exports grew 55%, while the remaining types of cargo grew 45%, corresponding to 6,269 and 5,027 million tons respectively.

2013 registered a new record of 931.036 TEU (twenty-foot equivalent unit), thus corresponding to an homologous increase of 68,3% in the handling of containerized cargo.
elaborated by:

Ricardo Neves Pires
Gonçalo Figueredo
Roberto Correia
Pedro Oliveira

Transport Economics
Full transcript