Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Patti Ruffner Jacobs
Transcript of Patti Ruffner Jacobs
- Fought for equality and
justice for all women. - Patti Ruffner Jacobs founded the Birmingham Equal Suffrage Association.
- After becoming president of this organization, Patti went on to create the Alabama Equal Suffrage Association.
- Patti also became an officer in the National Equal Suffrage Association and worked very hard for all women in Alabama to gain the right to vote. - Her efforts soon paid off and in 1920, women were finally given the right to vote through the passing of the Nineteenth Amendment. - The main goal of this group was to gain awareness and give women in Alabama equality and the right to vote.