Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Miley Cyrus: Arts & Ethics
Transcript of Miley Cyrus: Arts & Ethics
Perhaps, Billy Ray Cyrus grounded her?
Presenting Miley Cyrus
Hannah Montana: the Idol
Hannah Montana gone wild?
Miley Cyrus first became famous in the show "Hannah Montana" which aired in 2006. It was "the best of both worlds" for Miley Cyrus fans. Cyrus acquired both Hannah Montana fans and Miley Cryus fans. She became the idol for many young girls. "Montana" sang many songs about young love and self-respect.
Miley Cyrus, who plays Hannah Montana, has come out with a somewhat racy video chanting "can't be tamed". Perhaps, her parents took her phone away.
Monday, February 17, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
Uhhh... What Happened?
Miley Cyrus or Crying Walrus?
Value of the Arts
- What are the Arts?
- What is good art?
- What is the relation between artist and art work?
- What is aesthetic value?
- Parents feel tricked
- False sense of familiarity influences teens
What do the adults say?
“The goodness of a work of art with aesthetic value does not lie in the work of art’s use, but rather in its impact on the consumer”
" Art is merely the expression of the emotions of the artist" (Kemp).
What did you do, Liam?
Miley Cyrus has shocked the public with her latest video, "We Can't Stop". Is she doing lines in the bathroom or is she just joki
Art and Ethics
- Do different types of art influence an audiences ethical values differently?
- Is the artist or the art itself more influential?
- To what extent do celebrity personalities ethically influence societal behaviors?
The Arts: Miley Cyrus
- Her art is her music and her videos
- Her personal transformation has resulted in a change in her artistic style
- Emotion played a huge role in the changing aesthetic value
- Heavy emphasis on alcohol and drugs
- Racy outfits
- Role of a celebrity in society
- Raised under different circumstances
Ethics: Miley Cyrus
I think weed is the best drug on earth. One time I smoked a joint with peyote in it, and I saw a wolf howling at the moon. Hollywood is a coke town, but weed is so much better. And molly, too. Those are happy drugs – social drugs. They make you want to be with friends. You're out in the open. You're not in a bathroom. I really don't like coke. It's so gross and so dark.
- Two different perspectives
- Scientists speculate the influence celebrities can have on teens
- Intensity of "idolizing"
What do teenagers say?
- Only recognize today's Miley Cyrus
What about young kids?
"I think the video is much more, if people get past the point that I'm naked and you actually look at me you can tell that I actually look more broken than even the song sounds. The song is a pop ballad. It's one of these songs that everyone is going to relate to, everyone has felt that feeling at one point."
- What are ethics?
- What are behind people's ethical values?
- Do ethics influence our perception?
- Positive effect on society as a role model
- Negative effect on society as a role model
- Smart career move
What does the market think?
"Billy Ray Cyrus Reacts to "Wrecking Ball" Video, Miley Cyrus Defends It." CBSNews. CBS Interactive, n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2014.
"Fan Club Confessions: Teens Underestimate Influence of Celebrity." Psychology Today: Health, Help, Happiness + Find a Therapist. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2014.
Guana, Alyssa. "Negative Influences of Celebrities on Teens." Divine Caroline. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Mar. 2014.
Kemp, Gary. "Collingwood's Aesthetics." Stanford University. Stanford University, 21 Aug. 2007. Web. 21 Mar. 2014.
McKay, Hollie. "Did Miley Cyrus' VMAs Performance Hurt the Disney Brand?" Fox News. FOX News Network, 27 Aug. 2013. Web. 23 Mar. 2014.
Meynell, Hugo Anthony. "Aesthethic Values in Art." The Nature of Aesthetic Value. Albany: State University of New York, 1986. 6-8. Print.
"Miley Cyrus' Best Career Move. Ever. | Jonah Berger." Jonah Berger. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2014.
"Miley Cyrus on Why She Loves Weed, Went Wild at the VMAs and Much More." Rolling Stone. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Mar. 2014.
"Theory of Knowledge Guide." Theory of Knowledge Guide. International Baccalaureate, n.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
Tucker, Kristine. "Positive Effect Celebrities Have on Teens." LIVESTRONG.COM. LIVESTRONG.COM, 16 Aug. 2013. Web. 23 Mar. 2014.
"Why Parents Are Terrified Of Miley." New York Post Why Parents Are Terrified OfMiley Comments. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2014