Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
EDU 222 Final
Transcript of EDU 222 Final
Special Needs: ADHD
Topic Objective: Students will learn ways to help thier community by protecting natural resources
Arizona Standards Addressed: Environment and Society 14 and 16. 14- How human actions modify the environment. 16- The changes that occur in the meaning, use, distribution, and the importance of resources.
Connections to other subjects: Reading, writing, and speaking and listening
Divide the lesson into meaningful "chunks"
Introduce the day's objectives
1. Find four ways to protect our environment
2. Make a booklet with the four ways to protect the environment and illustrations (model and finished booklet)
Model what needs to be done
1. Write a class list
2. Draw an example illustration
1. Ensure students they are capable of the work
2. Provide support (with the booklet)
Recap the lesson
1. Class discussion
2. Exit questions Be a Superhero:
Avenge the Garbage! 1. Read "Michael Recycle"
Before reading: ask guided questions
During reading: ask questions about what is happening in the book. Clarify words
After reading: ask questions regarding recycling, protecting and conserving natural resources. 1. Review list from session one
2. Model a finished booklet and
distribute a Scoring Guide to explain the directions.
3. Model how to write a title, four ideas for conservation, a student commitment statement, and a parent signature.
4. Have students work on their booklet in class, independent practice. Walk around and help students.
5. Homework: finish the booklet and share with parents. Have a parent sign the last page of the book for confirmation. Students will share with the whole class their statement telling what they will do to conserve natural resources. Leah McKinzie Materials
"Michael Recycle" by Ellie Bethel
Pre-made booklets for each student
Instructions for booklet, "What we can do!"
Scoring guide for booklet
Parent Letter Objectives
Identify the meaning of a text through a teacher read aloud and guided questions
Write and illustrate four ways people can protect the environment
Write and state to the class how they will commit to helping their community or home to protect natural resources 2. Discuss ways to help the environment and write a list on the board. 3. Closure: students will write an exit ticket
What makes Michael Recycle a superhero?
What could you do to be like Michael? Assessment Session One: student must correctly answer at least one of the two exit ticket questions. Assess booklet, "What We Can Do!", using the scoring guide. Students will score 20 out of 24 points to meet mastery. http://geoalliance.asu.edu/azga_site/ Listen to their answers to guided questions