Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
University of Houston
Transcript of University of Houston
Most popular: Psychology, Business, Hotel & Restaurant Management, Engineering, and Communication There are no special requirements. Accredited by: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges Ratio: 16:1 Typical size: 10-19 students (22%) Tuition: $8,997
Room & Board:$7,300
Books and supplies: $1,100
Other Expenses: $3,874
Estimated total budget: $21,000
Application Fee: $50 College Expenses Financial Aid Deadline: April 1, then a rolling basis starting on May 1st
Required Forms: FAFSA
Percent Receiving aid: 97.1% Scholarships:
Academic scholarships, Creative arts/performance scholarships, Music/Drama scholarships, Athletic scholarships, State scholarships, ROTC scholarships, Alumni affiliation scholarships, Job skill scholarships, Leadership scholarships; Federal Pell grants, SEOG, State scholarships, Institutional scholarships, Private scholarships Housing Freshman live on campus, but are not guaranteed housing Meal Plans:
Lifestyle 160 is the best value if you eat at lot at different locations around campus and keep irregular hours.
• 160 All-You-Care-To-Eat Meals/Semester
• $400 in Cougar Cash
• $1,550/semester plus tax
Lifestyle 15 is the best value if you dine at residential restaurants 2-5 times a week.
• 15 All-You-Care-To-Eat Meals/Week
• $200 Cougar Cash
• $1,550/semester plus tax Lifestyle 21 is the best value in that you only pay $4.60 per meal. That’s a savings of approximately $755 per semester!
• 21 All-You-Care-To-Eat Meals/Week
• $100 Cougar Cash
• $1,550/semester plus tax
All Cougar Cash is available to juniors, seniors, and graduate students only.
• $1,350 Cougar Cash
• $1,350/semester Facilities High-tech labs, Modern classrooms, Moores School of Music, Athletics/Alumni Center, LeRoy and Lucille Melcher Center for Public Broadcasting, KUHT (educational television station), KUHF, Television studio labs, M.D. Anderson Library, Center Courts (North and South), Climbing Wall, Combat Room, Leisure Pool (Outdoor Pool), Main Gym (3 Courts), Multipurpose Activity Court, Multipurpose Rooms 1 and 2, Multipurpose Room 3, Multipurpose Rooms 4 and 5, Natatorium, Outdoor Track, Racquetball and Squash Courts, Rotunda, Sport Club Field, Wellness Classroom, Wet/Dry Classroom, Administrative Conference Room, Conference Room Activities There are 253 registered organizations. choral groups, concert band, dance, drama theatre, jazz band, literary magazine, marching band, music ensembles, music theatre, opera, radio station, student government, student newspaper, student film society, symphony orchestra, television station, yearbook, Asian student association, Hispanic student association, Habitat for Humanity, Hillel, College Republicans/Democrats, NAACP, Green Party, Indian student association, Muslim students association, Bahai student association choral groups, concert band, dance, drama theatre, jazz band, literary magazine, marching band, music ensembles, music theatre, opera, radio station, student government, student newspaper, student film society, symphony orchestra, television station, yearbook, Asian student association, Hispanic student association, Habitat for Humanity, Hillel, College Republicans/Democrats, NAACP, Green Party, Indian student association, Muslim students association, Bahai student association badminton, basketball, bowling, cross-country running, football, golf, racquetball, rock climbing, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, table tennis, tennis, track and field, volleyball, water polo Greek Life: 17 fraternities(2% participate) and 10 sororities(3% participate) Athletics/Intramurals: NCAA Division 1, Campus Visits When: Monday through Friday at 10:00 a.m. or 3:00 p.m., and Saturday at 11 a.m.
Special Opportunities: UH has its own Hilton Hotel, they can arrange the best possible stay for applying students.
Academics There are eight residential halls on campus:
Cullen Oaks "You Are The Pride."