Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Experimental Design
how we carry out science experiments....
D. Wade wants to find out which shoe will make him jump higher.
How do we carry out our experiment?
1. Form a Hypothesis. What do you think? Which shoe will make him jump higher? A tennis shoe or a rain boot?
2. Identify our Variables:
Independent Variable- WHAT WE ARE MANIPULATING OR CHANGING
Dependent Variable-What we measure
M I X
Constants- variables that stay the same.
The control group is exposed to the same conditions as the experimental group, except for the variable being tested.
All experiments should have a control group.
ex: lighting, temperature, subjects, etc.
Trials refer to replicate groups that are exposed to the same conditions in an experiment
Why do we want to have more than one trial?
In your journals, come up with an experiment with an independent and dependent variable.
Then...turn to your table partner and switch experiments. Identify the