Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Com 357 Persuasive speech
Transcript of Com 357 Persuasive speech
40 million people are obese
3 million people are morbidly obese
2nd preventable cause of death Main Points How many calories should I eat? Age, Gender, Activity Level
Only 12% know how many calories they should eat
Over half don't track what they eat or burn Don't always believe what you hear. Healthier options are usually 100 calories more.
Not as precise in portion or cooking procedure. Let's go out! The average adult goes out around three times per week.
More: calories, fat, saturated fat and cholesterol
Less: fiber, calcium, and iron
Most underestimate the calories in their food. 1. People are misinformed about how much they need to eat and what they are eating.
2. Why adding calorie counts to menus is important.
3. Some things that are already being done. It Matters! Restaurants are using better ingredients.
The longer the information's out the more it will impact customers.
People who looked at the information purchased 106 fewer calories! Know what's in your food! 20 or more locations
Menus, menu boards, drive-throughs
Must be written clearly
Provide mostly the same information as packaging labels I'll have that with less
calories please. Introduced or reformulate products
Increased whole grains
Utilized lower calorie ingredients