Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Obesity and Discrimination in the Workplace
Transcript of Obesity and Discrimination in the Workplace
2. If others are unbiased = viewpoint shared
3. Different View = Dissonance All My Bad Choices = Fair Treatment NAAFA only has max. 5000 members since 1969 Obesity and Discrimination in the Workplace Hardly associated with Job Success Weight is a stronger indicator of discrimination than Gender, Age, or Race 50% above weight = 25% Denied Health Benefits +1 on BMI = -$1,000 in net worth Where the Law tips the Scale It is only illegal to discriminate weight in:
Michigan; Washington, D.C.; Santa Cruz, CA; and San Francisco, CA Not a Protected Class ADA: Doesn't Include the Obese 93% of HR would rather NOT hire the overweight This affects the obese during:
recruitment,placement, compensation, promotion,
discipline, and discharge Prejudice is Irrational and has NO place in Employment As Humans we evolved in the desert and arrived in CandyLand!