Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Østfoldkonferansen 2018
- Municipalities as a network
- New democracy; participative democracy
- To stimulate a national municipality cloud
- Control of your own personal data; digital
self control for citizens (QiY-framework)
- IoT; Internet of Things; BIG-Data
- Digital ID
Merger off the municipalities
need for collaboration
- effective and efficient
- excellent civil service
- administrative merger; uprooting
- harmonization local law and
- "carwash sessions"
(red tape reduction /
- introduction case based
new name municipality
where to build a new townhall
Municipality Molenwaard !
Do we need a Town Hall?
Town Hall closed since October the 8th 2014
- all products 100% digital
Graafstroom, Liesveld en Nieuw Lekkerland
- Community orientated approach
- "To take care of..."
"to enable that..."
= the art to scale-up and scale-down
sharpened political ambitions
at your home or in your local pub...
but only with an appointment
=> monitoring progress
=> managing quality and result
=> status information always available
for customers (track&trace)
- take a risk
- challenge and push (legal) boundaries
its sometimes better to ask for forgiveness
instead of permission
-> just do it!
better smart "stolen"
than bad invented
3 pillars of empowerment
- 3 small rented backoffices
- at home and
= workplace ratio 0,5
ouside the box-thinking
scalable / flexible
IT strategy main
- IT as an enabler
- from specific to generic; 80/20 rule
- cloud based (no own datacenter)
- solutions based on "as a service" principal
- proven technology
- open standards
- IT availabilty 4xA en 24/7
- outsourcing (technical) maintenance
signing birth certificate at home (since 3,5 years)
Mobile & local applying
passport, driver license etc.
delivery at home
or at work
push boundaries / explore
at your leisure
and at no cost
(UNESCO World Heritage List)
Satisfaction study University of Tilburg
- all aspects of our civil services
- hostmanship (fysical and digital)
- means of participation
- Increase of citizens satisfaction on all our products and services
- Overall satisfaction rate: 8.1 (before 7.4)
Yes but what if it’s going wrong...?
Yes but what would our citizens think about it.?
Yes but who is going to supervise the employees…?
Yes but what does my boss thinks about this…?
outside the box
(build on 4 program pillars and leading principals)
generic and customization
change = only constant
- persistent change is the only constant
all products 100% digital
or at your home or in your local pub...
....but only with an appointment!
Services always case-based:
Pillar 4 ("the Enabler")
Survival of the fittest
(H. Spencer / C. Darwin)
Adapt and closing the gap
Every spot on earth can be your workingplace
but soon fully digital and secure with blockchain technology
from eGovernment to weGovernment!
If we want things to stay the same,
things have to change
end of the black box
Mayor and Aldermen
became digital nomads
Canteen of a shipyard
...to preserve democracy
Complete IT ecosystem based
on the Microsoft
- Secure (gov compliant, GDPR & ENSIA)
- Ensured business continuity
- Extreme scalable
- Multipurpose (incl. opensource)
Bytes and Behaviour and less Bricks
where it's all about:
"You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
Drivers license also soon to be fully digital
.....cut out the middleman.....
...self organisation as a professional
Minds are like parachutes;
they work best when open.
no service counters
We cannot solve a problem by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. [A. Einstein]
"You can't stop things like bitcoin or the blockchain. It will be everywhere and the world will have to readjust. World governments will have to readjust"
Blockchain technology means:
Safe & secure (no fraude)
=> Major change in public administration
Unavoidable consequences :
- "Cut out the middleman"
result: no need for a town hall
New technologies challenges
2 examples of civil services apps on the Blockchain:
New democracy challenges
Takk for din oppmerksomhet.
Change of mindset
Molenwaard as a Service
- Building permits
- First level health care
Political reward fort being a "hero"
(Strategic Information & Innovation Advisor)
- laptop / tablet standard
- based on CYOD
- please use also personal
- fully encrypted and biometric
"Survival of the fittest"
Takk for din oppmerksomhet.