Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
English Literature & Cinema
Transcript of English Literature & Cinema
Both of them propose to show and share emotions, feelings, thoughts...
• Way of expression.
• An international tool.
• Allows you to see new landscapes.
• Explains stories by a compilation
• Most of the films have been books before.
• Great books that have been taken to the screen.
The trilogy of The Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter saga
Hollywood Studio System
The Golden age of Hollywood
Big Hit Films
• No sound
• Added posters
• From 1914, Hollywood's cinema
• 5 big studios.
• Sound was introduced in the film.
• Development of color.
• Hollywood’s studies made their own cartoon.
Tom and Jerry
• In 1923 Walt Disney moved to Hollywood.
• Since 1970 a new generation of filmmakers controls Hollywood.
• Films for all public: families and youth.
Francesc Parcerisas & Dolores Avendaño
Introduction and Objectives
History of Cinema
-Golden Age of Hollywood
-Big Hit Films
-Translation: Francesc Parcerisas
-Illustration: Dolores Avendaño
I find literature
which you need a
lot of talent and
What can I do to mix both items, and make a single one?
Analyze the two works: "The Lord of the Rings", by J. R. R. Tolkien and "Harry Potter", by J. K. Rowling.
[30 seconds of interview]
To advertise and publicize books
The value of the adaptations.
The big phenomenon.
Examine the works: general and technical style.
To interview professionals of the job.
Focus on translation and illustration.
I learnt new things about my favourite films.
To be independent
I have to
I have improved my English.
Importance of translation.
To manage presentations with Prezi.
Experience and preparation for
Discover new information.
Importance of English.
Thanks for your attention, Eva, Isabel and Marta!
And I went to see different publishers, and I offered them...
I have read something I think it's very interesting, sounds very very well, it became a bestseller all around the world.
I was new into translation, and I wrote two or three books' peaces from big publisher houses....