Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Elements of Poetry
Transcript of Elements of Poetry
Contrast! figurative or descriptive
language in a literary work Imagery Stanza Line a group of 2 or more lines
forms a unit in a poem a single row of words/characters
makes up a unit in a poem Form Speaker Speaker the voice that "talks" to the reader
not necessarily the poet Poetic Form the way a poem is laid out on a page
the arrangement of a poem's words into lines/stanzas Rhyme a word pair/set whose accented vowel sounds are identical Slant Rhyme or
Off Rhyme rhyme that is approximate, but not exact End Rhyme Internal Rhyme rhyme at the end of a line rhyme within a single line of poetry Rhyme Scheme a pattern of end rhyme Rhythm a pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables Meter Foot repetition of a regular rhythmic unit each unit of meter
a combination of stressed and unstressed syllables Meter Foot Poetry!