Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Genghis Khan Trial
Transcript of Genghis Khan Trial
Was he a fiend from hell or a friend to the people?
1) Murdered millions of innocent people, mainly those who refused to fall subject to his rule
2) Destroyed towns, communities, as well economic structure, most especially when he proclaimed sieges
3) Started the extortion of wealth among the towns by posing threats to get money out of people
4) Genghis' life motto: "The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you,
to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears,
and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters."
1) Born in 1162 with the name Temujin
2) Brothers raised him after the death of their parents, but later Temujin killed one of his brothers in an argument
3) He married his first wife named Borte whom was kidnapped after the marriage
4) While leading an attack to save his wife Temujin earned his military medal which started his military leadership
5) Later in life, when united the Mongolian clans to become the leader of the people, he was renamed Genghis Khan which means "Great Ruler"
1) Opened up the towns for trade, built bridges and constructed routes for travel
2) Openly accepted all religions and people of different belief systems
3) Created and updated technology and weapons for his soldiers to better their chances of winning wars and furthering development of their towns
4) Promoted soldiers by how well they preformed in battle rather than wealth
5) Created nations and smashed the feudal system entirely
We believe that Genghis Khan was in
fact a culture broker and a friend to the people. Though he massacred millions, he has proved to have done more good than bad - for his citizens and for the benefit of his Empire.
In building physical and theoretical bridges, Genghis the Great Khan united and created a nation which is known today as one of the greatest civilizations of have ever thrived.
Created By: Ashley Buzard and Elene Apostol