Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Giver
What is the main goal of the elders .
To reinforce the illusion in the community.
"Jonas' s world is perfect. Everything is under control. There is no war or fear or pain.''
- Back cover of the book.
Why do you fell Jonas leaves the community ?
1. He wanted to save Gabriel .
2. He wanted to be free .
3. Jonas wanted to realize himself
Because they wanted power to rule the whole community how they wanted .
Why do you think Lois Lowry
wrote this novel ?
1. She wants everyone to take risks of choosing the red pill always.
2. Lois want to encourage everyone to never give up on his/her goals.
The largest picture.
What I learned !
1. I learned to take the red pill instead of the blue one in every choice I make.
2. To make goals and to never give up on them.
"Jonas felt more and more certain that the destination lay ahead of him.''
" Yes. He told the giver. I'll do it. I think I can do it.
Thanks for watching !
But why ?
To take steps forward in
our daily life.
" But he had come this far.
He must try to go on.
To believe in ourselves.
" we are almost there Gabriel''
He whispered , feeling quite certain
without knowing why.
"And Gabriel? For Gabriel there would have been no life at all."
To use my past memories and experiences to determine my future.
He tried to use the flagging power of his memory to recreate meals .
" But what did that matter? If he stayed , his life was no longer worth living.