Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
• Cambodia has one of the highest deforestation rates in the
Transcript of • Cambodia has one of the highest deforestation rates in the
• Cambodia’s motto is “Nation, Religion, King”.
• Cambodia has been changing its name whenever a new government was installed - It was called the Khmer Republic during its republican years, Democratic Kampuchea under the Khmer Rouge regime, and People’s Republic of Kampuchea under the leftist group called Salvation Front. Today, in its latest government form, it is officially called the Kingdom of Cambodia.
• Cambodia has one of the highest deforestation rates in the world. Between the years 1990 and 2005, the country has lost 25,000 square kilometers of forest.
• UNESCO has listed Cambodia as the sixth most land-mined country in the world as more than 4 million landmines are still strewn across the country causing high number of causalities. It is estimated that it will take a decade before all the land mines are cleared up.
• Traditional boat racing, buffalo racing, Pradal Serey, Khmer traditional wrestling, and Bokator are the local sports of Cambodia.
• A small shrine is placed in the front courtyard of each house in Cambodia. The door of the shrine faces the entrance to the house. Cambodians believe this brings luck and wealth to the family.
• In Cambodia, the head is regarded as the highest part of the body and shouldn't be touched even in the kindest manner.
• It’s considered disrespectful to let your feet or soles to point at people or things, so the feet must be tucked in when sitting.