Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Functional Reading Activities
Transcript of Functional Reading Activities
AccuWeather, Inc.. (2013, June 18). AccuWeather.com forecast. East Oregonian, p. A2.
DK Oxford illustrated American dictionary. (1998). New York, NY: Oxford University Press and Dorling Kindersley Publishing, Inc.
Karmel, A. (2005). Mom and me cookbook: Have fun in the kitchen!. New York, NY: DK Publishing, Inc..
Oregon Zoo [Map]. (2013). Retrieved from the Oregon Zoo website: http://www.oregonzoo.org/visit/zoo-map
The National Geographic Society. (2013, July/August). Magazine subscription postcard. National Geographic Little Kids.
Functional Folder Answer Sheet
Folder Code: __________
Set #: __________
1. June 23
2. 5:05 am
1. the higher the number, the greater
the need for eye and skin protection
2. 8:47 pm - 5:05 am = 15 hrs 42 sec
3. 7.21" - 2.86" = 4.35"
1. void and vomit
2. the scientific study of volcanoes
2. 4 teams x 6 players = 24 players
3. left forward, right forward, left back,
center back, and server
1. preschoolers -OR- little kids
3. buy/order magazine
1. early learning skills
2. polar bears -OR- deer
1. check and bill me
2. 4-6 weeks
3. 6 issues
Functional Folder Master List
Oregon Zoo map
Recipe for making scrambled eggs
Local newspaper weather forecast
Magazine subscription postcard
Folder Code & Content
Functional Reading Activities
June 22, 2013
Instructor Tony Valley
1.What is this a map of?
2. How many areas are there?
3. What color is the primate
1. In which area are the elephants
2. Where can you buy a gift?
3. In which area is the thrill ride?
1. Why is it important not to feed the
animals during your visit to the zoo?
2. Where can you purchase a Zoo Key
when you visit the zoo?
3. Which path would you take to go from
the Africa Rainforest exhibit to the Insect
1. What is the high temperature for
Astoria on Wednesday?
2. Will you want to bring an umbrella or
sunscreen to Seattle?
3. What is the low temperature in Eugene
1. What do the numbers on the UV Index mean?
2. How long is the time from when the sun rises
to when the sun sets?
3. In Hermiston, what is the difference between
the amount of percipitation last year to date
and this year to date?
1. What does this recipe make?
2. What do you melt?
3. What do you crack?
1. How many eggs should you use?
2. How many minutes do you cook the
3. In which step do you add salt and
1. How many eggs will you need to serve
2. What does the mixture look like when
it is done cooking?
3. Why is this recipe called sunny
1. What game starts with a V?
2. What does vol. mean?
3. What is the last V word?
1. What is the first V word and the last
V word on the page?
2. What is volcanology?
3. How many meanings does the word
1. What type of food does a vole eat?
2. How many total players are on four
3. What are the positions on a
1. Who is this magazine for?
2. What is this magazine about?
3. What is this form for?
1. What does the magazine build?
2. What is one magazine issue about?
3. How much is a 2 year
1. What are two ways to pay for
2. How long does it take to receive your
first magazine issue?
3. How many magazine issues do you get
with a one year subscription?
1. Oregon Zoo
2. Zoo Store
3. Tiger Plaza
1. your safety and their health, they
have special dietary requirements
2. front gate or any retail location
3. Wildlife Garden Way
1. sunny scrambled eggs
1. 2 eggs
2. two minutes
3. step 2
1. 2 x 4 = 8 eggs
2. thickened and looks set
3. bright start to the day -OR- looks like a sun
When is the moon full?
What time is sunrise?
3. Which day is mostly sunny?