Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Nurse
Probability and Statistics
Health and Physical Education
Algebra and Geometry
Career Stepping Stone
Taking care of patients in a respectful way.
Take patient vital signs.
Serve meals, make beds and keep rooms clean.
Set up medical equipment and assist with some medical procedures.
Answer calls for help and observe changes in patients condition or behavior.
Skills needed for this job.
Check vital signs
Inserting medical devices
Coordinating treatment plans
Coordinating diagnostic testing
Follows doctors orders
Assisting with emotional and physical help
Assisting with daily living
Wound Management Care
Education to patients
Coordinating home health support
by: Cierra Crowe
Registered Nurse $40,000- $70,000
Head Nurse $55,000- $80,000
Educator- $70,000- $90,000
Part time gets paid by the hour.
You will get paid extra if you work overtime and on-call.
Places which employ this job
Future Job Outlook
University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
Graduate High School with needed courses
Licensed Practical Nurse
The employment growth will be above average due to the growing and aging population that requires increased health services.
Retiring rate will be above average.
There will be more then enough job openings.
Four year programs.
Peterborough Regional Health Centre
Health Canada (Ottawa)
World Health Organization (Geneva Switzerland)
1. What Post-Secondary route do you need to take to become a Registered Nurse?
2. What is the Salary range?
3. What is a tool most nurses use?
1. You need to go to university to become a Registered Nurse.
2. $40,000-$90,000 /year
3. Most nurses carry around a stethoscope with them at all times.
Only 3/5 nurses work in hospitals.
One out of every 4 registered nurses work part time.
Most visits to the emergency room occur during the warmer months.