Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
James Monroe Prezi
Transcript of James Monroe Prezi
Florida was bought Russo-American treaty in 1824
limiting Russian expansion
down the Pacific coast Treaties Monroe was very successful in handling foreign affairs thanks to himself and to his great secretary of state, John Quincy Adams.
He expanded the U.S. Territories and extended the reaches of American foreign relations. The Monroe Doctrine James Monroe His greatest achievement related to foreign affairs.
It was Monroe’s annual message to the Unites States, delivered December 2, 1823.
Meant to stop colonization in America.
The Doctrine had 3 specific points:
1) Europe could no longer colonize the American continent.
2) Any attempt of colonization in America by any europen powers would be considered dangerous to the American nation's peace.
3) The United States would remain completely neutral regarding Eropean affairs and wars. Monroe's Legacy The Monroe Doctrine became a a cardinal doctrine of U.S. foreign policy.
Monroe is known as a great leader of America's relationships and rules regarding foreign powers. Background Information Born: April 28, 1758, in Westmoreland County, Virginia.
5th president of the United States.
Attended the College of William and Mary.
Elected president in 1816.
Died: July 4th, 1831.