Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Retelling: An Assessment Tool
Transcript of Retelling: An Assessment Tool
for thinking about retelling as they
synthesize what they’ve read,
I teach them to:
tell what’s important,
in a way that makes sense,
without telling too much. •Retellings need to me modeled; book walks, predictions, inferences
•Can be completed as a conversation during a conference session
•Assessed using rubrics How does it work?
• What subject did you have?
How could you use Retelling to assess students' comprehension of this subject? Questions for Discussion Advantages of Retelling
Take 2 minutes to explore the
example at your table Examples of Retelling -way to assess a student’s comprehension of a piece of text.
-Openness of retelling: see the student's thought process.
-Quick way to assess using a retelling rubric
-Improve oral language development/ communication skills Prompting
Regurgitating vs Relating to Personal Experience
Difficulty with Retelling
- 2nd Language/ Language Development
- Ability as "Story Teller"
Not an Assessment on Memory
Is it an Authentic Activity?
Making it part of students' instruction CAUTIONS Usefulness of Retelling -Develops Vocabulary
-Elements of a story, sequence and predictions
-Writing and communication skills
-COP (Conversation, observation, product)
-Cross-curricular The features of presentation
software I included... * Created a slide show from a template
* Used normal, outline, slide sorter views
*Changed slide order, hiding slides and custom shows
* Added graphics
*Used master slides (Print version guiding presentation)
* I provided access to other group members so that we could collaboratively edit this project