Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Retelling: An Assessment Tool
Transcript of Retelling: An Assessment Tool
for thinking about retelling as they
synthesize what they’ve read,
I teach them to:
tell what’s important,
in a way that makes sense,
without telling too much. •Retellings need to me modeled; book walks, predictions, inferences
•Can be completed as a conversation during a conference session
•Assessed using rubrics How does it work?
• What subject did you have?
How could you use Retelling to assess students' comprehension of this subject? Questions for Discussion Advantages of Retelling
Take 2 minutes to explore the
example at your table Examples of Retelling -way to assess a student’s comprehension of a piece of text.
-Openness of retelling: see the student's thought process.
-Quick way to assess using a retelling rubric
-Improve oral language development/ communication skills Prompting
Regurgitating vs Relating to Personal Experience
Difficulty with Retelling
- 2nd Language/ Language Development
- Ability as "Story Teller"
Not an Assessment on Memory
Is it an Authentic Activity?
Making it part of students' instruction CAUTIONS Usefulness of Retelling -Develops Vocabulary
-Elements of a story, sequence and predictions
-Writing and communication skills
-COP (Conversation, observation, product)
-Cross-curricular The features of presentation
software I included... * Created a slide show from a template
* Used normal, outline, slide sorter views
*Changed slide order, hiding slides and custom shows
* Added graphics
*Used master slides (Print version guiding presentation)
* I provided access to other group members so that we could collaboratively edit this project