Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Main Idea & Details
Transcript of Main Idea & Details
- The purpose of a paragraph or passage
- ALL information in the paragraph should connect to the main idea Main Idea Is the paragraph about a...
Event Supportive Details Details are the evidence why the main idea is true
Prove it to me! Owls are nocturnal. This means that they sleep all day and stay awake at night. Because owls are nocturnal, they hunt and eat at night. But finding food in the dark is difficult. To help them, they have special eyes and ears. Example: Example # 2 If you can think it, you can say it.
If you can say it, you can write it! Your Turn!! What Doesn't Belong? If I could invent a holiday, I would call it, "International Kid's Day." On this holiday, people from all over the world would celebrate us just for being kids! On this holiday, adults would get off of work, and kids would never have school. Every kid would be allowed to eat as much candy as they liked and would not have pay for any of it! My favorite candy is M&M's. National Kid's Day would be the best holiday ever! Another good title for this paragraph would be....... Main Idea