Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of STORYTELLING
WHAT STORYTELLING ENTAILS
Reasons to use stories in an ESL classroom
Provide meaningful context for learning vocabulary,
grammar and pronunciation
Stories can be used in different stages in a lesson
CHOOSING A STORY
Teach and review vocabulary
related to parts of the house
E-BOOKS + CDS
STORYTELLING is the art in which a teller conveys a message, truths, information, knowledge, or wisdom to an audience - often subliminally - in an entertaining way, using whatever skills, (musical, artistic, creative) or props he chooses, to enhance the audience's enjoyment, retention and understanding of the message conveyed. Stories are sometimes told purely for joy and delight.
As a follow-up activity to reinforce a theme
SOME PAPERS AND STUDENTS' IMAGINATION
Retell the story
Personal Experience Stories
Personal Imagination Stories
Attract students' attention
Are a wonderful tool for developing all skills
GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS
Create an imaginary house
As a warm-up activity
To present new vocabulary or grammar topics
To present a new topic or theme
1. Choose a SHORT SIMPLE STORY.
2. Choose a story that you LIKE.
3. Choose a story that RELATES to the theme.
4. Choose a story that has a MESSAGE or moral.
5. Choose a story to fit your AGE GROUP and LEVEL.
6. Choose a story that has PICTURES, or draw them yourself.