Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ecuador
Mrs. Soliene's 2nd period class
Spanish I Bland Highschool Geography http://ecuadorsa.com/government/administrative-divisions/ http://www.turismoecuador.com/ingles/ecuador/datos_generales.htm Regions http://www.olstars.com/en/flag/Ecuador History http://www.beloit.edu/logan_online/collections/catalogue/south_america/ecuador/ancient/ancient_ecuador.php Ancient Civilizations http://famouswonders.com/machu-picchu/ Incas http://gs2americanstudies.blogspot.com/ The Conquistadors Independence from Spain http://cinematicminutiae.com/photoushk/maps-of-spain-for-kids http://www.language.iastate.edu/sp304/2004/ecuador/pais2.htm Government Economy Agriculture http://en.mercopress.com/2007/10/16/ecuador-claims-windfall-earnings-from-oil-industry Industry http://www.ecuadorliving.com/2011/03/24/ecuador-food-photos.html http://crawford2020.blogspot.com/ Workforce http://www.americapictures.net/quito-old-town-ecuador.html People and Lifestyles The People Education http://www.life-in-ecuador.com/images/school-in-ecuador.JPG http://www.travelandescape.ca/2012/05/travel-for-change-free-the-children/me-to-we-school-ecuador-community/ http://www.traveladventures.org/continents/southamerica/quito-old-city03.shtml Religion http://www.123rf.com/photo_6403941_flag-of-ecuador-national-country-symbol-illustration-wavy-fabric-sports-soccer-football.html Sports Festivals Diá de los Muertos
New Year’s day Food http://thetravelingtable.com/blog/appetizers/little-spanish-pies/attachment/empanadas/ http://thetravelingtable.com/blog/appetizers/little-spanish-pies/attachment/empanadas/ Questions
What people came after the Incas 5
Why is the capitol of Ecuador called “Quito” ? 1
What is the main sport of
Ecuador? A. Ecua-volley
C. Soccer "futbol"
D. Hotdog eating 2
Why was the country called Ecuador? A. It lies on the equator
B. because of the aliens
C. It was the last name of the
D. Town vote 3
How many regions are in Ecuador? A. 1
D. infinite 4
What do most people work as? A. A Factory Worker
B. A petroleum (Oil) Worker
C. A Cereal killer
D. A Farmer A. The flower that thrives there
B. The Quintu, an ancient tribe in Ecuador
C. It's located near Mt. Quint
D. An activist group hated the name
"The republic of Mars" http://en.18dao.net/Money_Image/Ecuador 6
What are the Seasons in Ecuador A. Spring, Summer, Fall,
B. Night and Day
C. Rainy and Dry
D. Good and Evil A.Conquistadors
D. Mexicans 8
How many terms can the president of Ecuador serve? A. There is no president
Why do the Galapagos
finches have different beaks?
What is 50% of the of the income of Ecuador? A. Tourism
B. Real Estate
D. Space Expiditions A. Nuclear waste
B. Adaptations to their surroundings
C. They are different species but are
catigorized as the same
D. Charles darwin was just too drunk
to know that they were all the same
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
• 4 pounds white potatoes
• 1 onion, chopped fine
• 2 tablespoons achiote oil
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 cup shredded white cheese (queso fresco, farmer's cheese, or mozzarella
• 4 green onions, minced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Peanut sauce (see link to recipe below)
1. Peel the potatoes and add them to a large pot of boiling salted water. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, sauté the onion in the achiote oil until soft. Set aside to cool.
3. Whip the boiled potatoes in a standing mixer to mashed them, or run them through a ricer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (If using paprika instead of achiote oil, mix the paprika in with the mashed potatoes).
4. Mix the cooked onions and the egg yolk in with potatoes.Chill potato mixture for at least two hours, or overnight.
5. Mix the grated cheese with the minced green onions.
6. Shape the mashed potato mixture into balls slightly larger than a golf ball. Make a large hole with your finger in the middle, and press about a tablespoon of the cheese mixture into the hole. Close the mashed potato mixture over the cheese center, and then gently pat the ball into a pancake about a half inch thick. Chill the pancakes for 30 minutes.
7. Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet. Fry the pancakes in batches, about 3 minutes on each side. Keep pancakes warm in a 200- degree oven until ready to serve. Serve with peanut sauce. http://southamericanfood.about.com/od/saladssidedishes/r/potatocakes.htm Ecuadorian Potato Cake Recipe - LLapingachos Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutesIngredients:
•3 cups flour (plus a little more for kneading)
•1 teaspoon salt
•1/2 cup cold water
•1 egg white
•1 teaspoon vinegar
•3 tablespoons shortening
1. In a bowl, beat the water, egg, egg white and vinegar together. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the 3 cups of flour and salt.
3. Cut the shortening into the flour mix with a pastry blender or two butter knives. Make a well in the center of the flour mix and pour the liquid ingredients from the first bowl into the center.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients with a fork until it becomes stiff.
5. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead it just until all the flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth.
6. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but never more than 24 hours.
Tip: If you want to keep the dough longer than 24 hours, you can freeze it. Empanada Dough Recipe http://latinfood.about.com/od/appetizersandsnacks/r/empanada_dough.htm <- 600 miles -> The End.
Thank you for watching.