Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
World Geo Tools of Geography Part 2
Transcript of World Geo Tools of Geography Part 2
World Geography Chapter 1
Hemispheres, Continents, and Oceans
vs. Flat Map
Ticket Out Of The Door! Ch.1 L2
1. How is the Earth organized regarding amount of continents and oceans? Are they all shown accurately on maps?
2. How do different climate zones affect the way in which people live?
3. How do geographers show information on maps?
Standards and Objectives
Florida State Standards
SS. 912 G1.1, SS. 912 G1.2, SS. 912 G1.3, and SS. 912 G3.1
1. Locate all major hemispheres, continents, and oceans around the world
2. Describe earth's movement and how earth's tilt creates seasons and climate zones
3. Analyze different maps and explain the problem of distortion
- Worksheets -
separates the Northern and Southern hemispheres
separates the Western and Eastern hemispheres
is divided into the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, and Arctic oceans
, from largest to smallest:
-Asia, Africa, N. America, S. America,
Antarctica, Europe, and Australia
one year, or 365 1/4 days
- Earth makes one full
every 24 hrs.
is tilted at an angle relative to the
sun, it creates the Earth's seasons (pg. 21)
- When the northern hemisphere is in summer, the southern hemisphere is in winter (
towards the sun)
- When the southern hemisphere is in summer,
the northern hemisphere is in winter
south tilted towards the sun)
Tropic of Cancer and Capricorn -tropic zones-
northernmost and southernmost points where
the sun's rays beat straight down on earth
- Arctic and Antarctic Circle -polar zones- coldest points on earth where night lasts
- between the tropical and polar zones- warm summers and cool winters
Draw it in your Notebook!
- Every flat map of Earth involves some
...sizes and shapes may be wrong, and distances may not be accurately shown
- Different map projections help deal with
- Robinson Projection
- Lambert Projection
- Mercator Projection
- Eckert IV Projection
- Goode's Projections