Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
My knowledge on the Chinese Language and Culture
Transcript of My knowledge on the Chinese Language and Culture
Chinese New Year Celebration
Future Plans & Benefits
What is Chinese
The Moon Festival Celebration
* Chinese New Year is their most important holiday of all.
AP Chinese Language and Culture
Meaning: Similar in important aspects, different in minor details.
Da Tong Xiao Yi
Food and Customs
Example: 我的看法跟他的看法大同小异, 没有什me根本区bei.
Translation: My view and his view are similar, there is no fundamental difference.
*Chinese is one of the oldest languages in the world.
*Almost all the people in China speak this language.
*Early characters were found around 5,000 B.C to 6,000 B.C
* They also used images to create characters.
*There are more than 50,000 Chinese characters.
* There is no alphabet
*Each character stands for a word or part of a word
* You can read a newspaper or a novel if you know about 4,000 characters
Steps to write Chinese
* The common dialect of Chinese is Northern Chinese or Mandarin Chinese.
*Mandarin Chinese is also called Pu tong hua. (普通hua)
*Pu tong hua is China's offical language and it is taught in all the nation's schools.
* To be able to speak in Chinese, you would need to know the four tones.
* The Chinese use Pinyin to help them to learn how to speak Chinese.
My Native Dialect
* The main dialect is Mandarin Chinese but I pronounce characters differently.
* It is called the Sichuanese or Si chuan hua. (四川hua)
* More than 100 million speak this dialect
The Chinese Alphabet Song
* Chinese is a group of related languages that is spoken in the People's Republic of China.
* Met with my teacher once a week.
* Barron's AP Chinese Language and Culture Test Preparation.
* Taking the AP Chinese test.
* Reading ancient Chinese novels.
* Learn how to take Chinese tests in English version.
* Chinese art is greatly influenced by the country’s rich spiritual and mystical history.
* Cuisine is influenced by geography and ethnic diversity.
* The largest festival in China is the Spring Festival because it is the beginning of a new year.
* China doesn't have an official religion because of their communist state.
* Barron's AP Chinese Language and Culture
* "Chinese Culture: Customs & Traditions of China." LiveScience.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 June 2013.
* Knechtges, David R. "Chinese language." World Book Student. World Book, 2013. Web. 3 June 2013.
* Chen, Tung-Ling Li. "Chinese New Year." World Book Student. World Book, 2013. Web. 3 June 2013.
* Chinese New Year usually last for a couple of weeks but it has been changing
* It is also called xing lian (新年) or da lian (大年)
* The Chinese prepare for the celebration by cleaning and decorating the house. They want to chase away the evil spirit.
* Family is the most important thing when it comes to the Chinese New Year celebration.
* On New Years day, people visit relatives, neighbors, and friends.
* Special foods that symbolize good fortune for the new year are served.
* Red envelopes (Hong包) is giving out to children on New Year's Day.
* Phrases they use:
恭喜 facai (Congratulations and Prosperity)
新年快le (Happy New Year)
SuiSui平安 (Always will be safe)
年年有yu (Wishing you prosperity every year)
* Every year a new animal is celebrated. It is called the Chinese zodiac cycles
Food and Celebrations
* During Chinese New Year, cake (蛋糕), dumplings(jiaozi), fish (Yu), steam buns (包子) and glutinous rice balls (Tangyuan) are served for guest and family relatives.
* Dragon dance, fireworks, lion dance, greetings and gift exchange.
* America needs more people who can speak Chinese because China is very powerful.
* Learning Chinese is fun and exciting.
* Chinese will help people to find a job easier.
* I want to major in Chinese in college.
* You can travel to China without a translator.
* Learning Chinese will help people to understand the Chinese language, the people and the culture.
* Chinese is the future
* Apple Iphone
* Apple scan app
* The moon Festival is on the 15th of the 8th lunar month.
* Zhongqiujie is one of the most important traditional events for the Chinese.
* The legendary story they tell on this day is Chang E (嫦娥).
* When the full moon rises, families get together to watch the full moon, eat moon cakes, and sing moon poems.
* The Moon Festival also celebrates lovers, especially those that are far apart
* Google Images
* The Moon Festival also reunite family members back together to celebrate this holiday.
A Chinese news video I had to do with my classmates. My spring semester of 2015. It was for my Chinese final project.
Enjoy, sorry about the language in the blooper scene.