Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Oedipus at Colonus: Prologue- 2nd Dialogue
Transcript of Oedipus at Colonus: Prologue- 2nd Dialogue
Simile- "Like a god you have us wholly in your hands." (First Choral Dialogue line 249)
Metaphor- " [Antigone] has been with me as guide and old man's nurse." (First Episode line 343)
Personification- "And when the green-shadowed ground has drunk this cup?" (First Episode line 483)
Vocabulary and Summary
Luxuriant- adj. growing in vigor or abudance; lush in growth, as in vegetation
Stygian- adj. infernal, dark or gloomy.
Three telling events of this section:
1. Oedipus and Antigone reach Colonus
2. Oedipus demands Theseus, king of Athens, be brought to him
3. Ismene arrives at Colonus
1. Person vs. Person- Oedipus and the countryman
2. Person vs. Person- Ismene's news about Thebes
Two Most Important Continuos Pages
Open ended Question
page number- end of 106- top of 108
-Ismene informs Oedipus about the happenings of Thebes
-Oedipus reacts with anger
-New oracle: Oedipus=Talisman
Is deceit ever justified?
Graves and Tombs